Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém
Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The spirit in our work is like no other


Good Morning!! So yea, its transfers. My comp is leaving. And im
receiving an American!! Elder Swayze. Hes only got like 5 months in
the mission. Im going to have to help him a bunch on his portuguese.
This week we baptized a man. Which completed a family. It was great.
The women was inactive. Man, Its like gold when I find a family in the
area that only one of them is baptized. Cause you get to bring one of
them back to church, and baptize the other. That brought back and
completed 3 families so far in Laranjeiras. And its not just the
parents that come back to church. With the parents comes the kids. Its
amazing.
I always ask the members, `do you guys know any less actives que live
close by` and usually theyll throw me one or 2. The other week we ate
lunch, and I asked the family the same question, and theyre like yea,
there is a family right here around the corner. But Elder, dont waste
your time on them. theyll never come back. We visited them 3 times in
2 weeks. I was sitting in priesthood, and I watched as that family
walked past the window to enter the church. The man with a white shirt
and tie, the women with a nice dress, and their child. There is no
substitute for the happiness in this work.
The other day, We were walking to an appointment, normal. And a man,
stopped me, and asked me if I was German. And I said No, Im American.
And he looked surprised, he said whats an American doing in a place
like this, and he started to laugh. We shook his hand. And the Lord
touched him. I said, `Brother, im here to tell you that the heavens
have opened, The Lord has called a Prophet, to Restore his church` The
Lord put him in our path. We passed by his house the next day, and shared
the Restoration of the Gospel with him. He said that when he heard the
words of the first vision, it made him want to cry. The spirit in our
work is like no other. He would be baptized this next week. But he
needs to get married first.
I know the Lord called Joseph to be a prophet. Its my favorite thing
in the world to tell people. I know the Lord is preparing this world
for the coming of the messiah. Its why he puts people in our path
everyday.
I got to finish here! And get the pictures from my comps camera. I
love you guys. And talk to ya next week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm one proud Grandmama!!
    You do inspire me and I look forward to your post.You are the church's example of what an Elder should be..a great example to all.You take hardships as a blessing and I would be whining so much they would probably send me home the first week.Please carry my love around in your pocket and remember me.
    Love you as always!!
    Grandmama

    ReplyDelete