Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém
Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Monday, October 25, 2010

These guys arent no little punks, these things look like cats!

Bom Dia Familia. Hey mom! Thanks for the no email!  Man, Im sweating as I write this. So guess what! I had my first baptism ever on saturday!! His name was Anderson! The kid is soo great. It was such an amazing experience for me. But yea, my first one ever, definitly not my last. So Marituba!! It is the flippin Ghetto of the mission! The largest area. That is why my feet are killing me, I wish I could send you pictures, there pretty nasty. My stomach is starting to get upset this very moment, im getting pretty scared. I figured out that Ive been drinking the *poisen water* this whole time. man, am i in for a treat. An american Elder Looper, told me that pretty much everytime you have juice, which is at every members house, they use the faucet water. so yea. I drink so much of that stuff, cause it tastes amazing. But it hasnt affected me since ive been here, so who knows. Im trying to memorize all the fruit here, cause thats what everyone loves to talk about. My favorite so far here, is the manga. I love it just cause its everywhere, and it tastes amazing. But the members make sweet smoothies for us! And I cant describe the taste, I cant compare it to anythng in america, but its amazing!! Yesterday, I had AÇAI for the first time! If you ask anyone in Para what there favorite fruit is they will say AÇAI! and everyone grows it. They gave me a huge bowl of it, ad told me to try it, so I took one bite and it was soooooo bitter. and they all laughed and brought out the sugar, and this other white flaky stuff. and filled my bowl with it, and then i took another bite, and mom let me tell you, it was heaven.
 If it didnt feel like you were in an oven here, this place would be soooooo tight. I love it soo much. There are times that I feel really homesick though. Everyone says the first couple of weeks are going to be the hardest weeks of your life here. Mentally and physically. This place has turned my life around. I have been brought down to earth. And it feels like im a child relearning the ways of life. I am being humbled like no other. I have nothing here except for the Gospel. And thats all I need. I stay out of my house for as long as possible cause that place is just, not a house. I went to take a shower the other day and Cockroaches started to come out of the drain.. Come on.... When I was shaving a cockroach was climbing up my flippin leg, and these guys arnt no little punks. These things look like cats! haha. I want to tell you sooo much more, but I dont want to scare you haha.
 I am no longer american in my head. In order to live here, you have to think like a brazilian. My clothes are already nasty. Its soo hard to explain my everyday life here, and the people. But the kids here are sooo fun to play with! Everyone thinks im just the biggest thing in the world here, there sooo small people. I can pick up like 5 kids at a time. They loooove to jump on me haha. It was kind of awkward at first, because half the time they dont have clothes on. But now that I am getting out of the american mind set. Its just fun, you just go along with it and throw them around haha. 
Man! the busses haha! We have to use them a lot cause my comp is district leader and we have to do billions of baptismal interviews. My comp laughs everytime we use one, cause i hate them. The people are soo small, and im so big, and its sooo hard to get off of those things haha. I almost had to crowd surf one time haha. 
Anyways, If you could please tell me how much money is on my card. Cause I may need to use it. The portuguese is comming along much better. Im starting to understand more of what the people are saying. I prolly repeated myself a lot sorry, im just super excited that I get to talk to you, little bummed i didnt get an email though. Its ok though. Anyway, Life is super hard here, but dont worry, im adjusting. Sorry for thinking we never have any food at home, I would die for a can of anything in that cabinet now. Make sure to thank our Heavenly Father for all that you have over there. Were about to go to Belem, cause a member of the 70 here! Woot haha! I love you guys a lot! Have a great week!!
Tchau, Elder Arroyo

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy your posts,Chris! You are beginning to inspire me to be a better member and would love to study with you! In English of course..LOL

    Love you!
    Grandmama

    ReplyDelete