Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém
Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Monday, October 18, 2010

I walk around with a broom. haha

Ola familia para Belem!! This is the first time I have spoke in english since ive been here! and im not even speaking, im typing..!! My area is Marituba or something like that. haha. My companion is Elder Silva Da Santos. And guess what haha. He speaks no english.. So im learning portuguese super fast. The language is different here. They SHHH all there words. So im still getting use to that. And they speak super fast. I am BARLY starting to understand them. It is soooo hard. I cant even tell you how hard it is here haha. People can barley understand me and I can barley understand them. The only way I can explain the culture here is.. Very simple. Everyone lives in little tiny wooden or brick houses. TINY. And the roofs dont connect anywhere. So there pretty much just to get out of the sun and sleep. Our house is the same. First night here i slept with 1 eye open the whoooole time! haha. I Flippin hate cockeroaches, spiders, ants, masquitos, lizards, ect! haha! And there everywhere in our house! everywhere... Its like walking around in a scary movie when your in there. I walk around with a broom. And Scream every 30 seconds. My comp laughs at me. He has NO fears of those things. Its crazy! There are sooo many people! they dont wear a lot of clothes cause its SOOO hot! Im never dry. never. It rains everyday. and we have to find cover quick or well be Soaked the whole day. We walk probably a billion miles a day. My feet are killing me.. The whole bottoms of my feet are blisters. It hurts pretty bad when I walk. But ive learned to just not think about it. Ohhhh man! Let me tell you about the buses here... The people here are very little. and the buses for transportation are kind of like charter busses but, I dont know how to discribe them. IF they had one in america, legally it would fit about 25 people. Here, They fit unlimmited! And they stop at every bus stop! You get in on one side and get out at the end of the bus when its your stop. So were on there and theres like 60 people on at a time. My first time getting off the bus was very difficult hahaha, because in america you dont want to touch people like that, but now. I just squeeze through the aisle. and theres billions of people in the aisle. But im getting use to it now. Its very uncomforatable. Its very hard to explain. Anyways! We eat one meal a day here.. haha.. lunch. And its always rice, beans, fish, and fruit. The fruit here is amazing! And theres sooo much that I have never tasted before. I LOVE THE FRUIT! and the soda here is amazing as well. Im adjusting to the food. I havnt gotten sick yet. (thank goodness) i eat very little at peoples houses cause im afraid. The mission gave me a water bottle that filters all water. This is definitly the hardest thing I have every done. It is hard both mentally and physically. Everyone says is takes a couple weeks to adjust. The people here are very very humble. They will take you in in a heartbeat. They love it when you give them a thumbs up. I cant even describe the people. Just very simple. I love you guys a lot. Please keep me in your prayers. I need it . Theres a lot more I wanted to say, But Ill end here to see if your on. Tchau.


Love, Elder Arroyo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
p.s. Guess you guys arnt on now. if you are to send me anything, ill prolly need more bandaids. Bandaids are pretty much the only thing that ill need. Other than that im tyring to live like them. And live a very simple life. I hope yall have a great week. Love you all! Tchau!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forgot
Ahhh! I forgot to tell you! The poeple love missionarys haha! They take us in and let us share are message! and then accept baptism right off the bat. We have baptisms every week! Talk about humble! I might be baptising a family of 4 in 3 weeks if all goes well. But yea! Lots of baptisms here! Thcua!

No comments:

Post a Comment