Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém
Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Monday, June 13, 2011

My area is called Laranjeira

Hey mom! Remember all those times I told you I was in the Ghetto? Well, this time its serious haha... Im in the outskirts of Belem, My area is called  Laranjeira. And its just straight up ghettos haha. Dirt roads and tiny houses piled up on each other. We´ll be walking down the street in the night and boom! A gun will go off. Its so crazy here, has a lot of kids in the street flying and  battling with their kites, and they also set off a loooot of fireworks. When I got to the house there was no power.. cause someone was late paying the bills.. So it was pretty rough sleeping without a fan or shower. Then we got the power back, and yesterday it went back out, cause someone was trying to steal power from a power line.. this place is crazy. But its cool, im adjusting. My comp is  Elder Dos Santos, And Elder Silva Dos Santos was his comp in this area  before me. (my first comp..)  Ah! when I was in Marituba, There was an inactive family that lived out in Tauá. The father use to be stake president.  When I was out there we visited with them, and long story short, they starting coming back to church, and I baptised 2 people in the family. And my first day here in Laranjeira, My comp didnt tell me where we were eating lunch, and we get to the house to eat lunch and it was that family that lived in Tauá!! They moved here, and theyre all super strong in the church, and the father is working to get a call in the church again. I fealt so good.
The area here is pretty big, well at least it seems big, how my comp sets up appointments on different sides of it. So im going to lose a lot more weight here, cause of the walking. Also I threw one pair of my shoes away, cause there were just too many holes, and it rains too much. Sooo, If you guys could, I would love a new pair a shoes, Cause I dont know how much longer these ones will last. 
I miss swimming soooooooo much.!! I miss you guys a lot. And hope that
yall are having a great time. I have a good bit of time left if you
want to talk some more! Love you guys!! Tchau Tchau!
Elder Arroyo

No comments:

Post a Comment