Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém
Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Monday, December 20, 2010

you gotta do what you gotta do to survive here

Hey mom, so yea ill be calling sometime after lunch. sometime after 3 but before 4. and this is my time, so I dont know what time it will be over there. But yea, getting pretty excited for that! Its Christmas time!! And it doesnt really feel like it at all! Its going into the rainy season here and it rains like all day... It stinks.. We get soooak everyday. And the roads turn into mud, so its like walking on ice. and pants get super muddy.  But its great experiences and funny stories to tell when I get back! I wont even start on the stuff that happens in the rain. 
A Brazilian Jungle Wanderer. They are so fast! We broke it's leg though.
So the other day i was taking a shower and right when I was all soaped up and my hair all shampooed, the water turns off... So I was like shoot... and I saw a little tiny drip coming from the sink.. So I was like you gotta do what you gotta do to survive here.. ha. Man! When I get back to the States life is going to be sooooooooo easy! I washed the dishes at a members house after lunch yesterday, and they dont have sinks they have a wooden table behind there house and a huge bowl of water, so they taught me how to wash dishes, and I am sooooo grateful for dishwashers!! I have a pic ill send. 
I am so grateful for dishwashers!
So next to the big statue of Jesus here in Marituba, theyre setting up a bunch of Christmas stuff and rides! So ill try to take some pics today. And yesterday we had 2 baptisms! Theyre the coolest kids in the world! Im going to send home a bunch of pics today for yall. i hope you like them. 
The coolest kids!
And no, I havnt received any packages yet. But tomorrow is our mission Christmas party, and were going to play futeball and EAAAAT! Its going to be GREAT!! and theyll bring all the mail there so hopefully ill have something!! And you said you sent a bunch of letters too? Would be great. I love letters! And in the Liahona magazine, it talks about my mission. I think it just might be the Brazilian one, but dunno. Our stake got split last week, So Im no longer in the Cabanagem stake, Its growing soo much here! 
SO who else is preparing for a mission? Anything new? How are the missionaries there? The number ill be calling from for Christmas is xxxxxxxx. Just saying. Oh, and if you could send me some pics from home, like my one from fireman, that was my profile pic. and some other good ones of stuff, cause everyone wants to see pics!!  I love you guys! And cant wait to hear from you on Christmas! tchau!!
Elder Arroyo

1 comment:

  1. Christopher,I hope you had a good time talking to family on Christmas!!!! You are doing so well at your calling....Baptisms are awesome.What the heck is that spider doing??Looks like a big one.I love the pic of you washing dishes..That's how they were done when I was little and lived in the country! Outside only in summer and done on the back porch..
    Love you very much,Grandmama

    ReplyDelete