Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém
Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Monday, February 20, 2012

We are only instruments in God's hands.

Man... I just got one word to say... CARNIVAL..!! My innocent eyes and ears have been damaged for forever.. ha.. I dont know where this holiday came from.. But everyone comes to Outeiro to celebrate. The Brasilians have no shame at all... But all this means Mardi Gras for yall huh? I bet yall are having a great time counting your beads.. Our new house is close to the beach, there are parties all night long, and the music is so loud... This morning we went running early like usual, and wow... So much trash on the beach and sidewalks... But im definitely going to buy a Carnival shirt :) theyre kinda cool.

  But on a good note! Yesterday at church a man, walked in like he owned the place. And he wanted to talk to everyone, then we finally got our chance to talk to him, and he wanted to be baptised yesterday. But were like no man.. you gotta wait at least 1 or 2 weeks.. This guy is sooo awesome! We have found a whole bunch of New investigators this past week.. But no one is married!! They just live together.. Everyone knows that it is a sin to do this, Its just so normal for them that it doesnt appear to be bad anymore.

 Yesterday The Branch President called me to speak in Sacrament again. this would be my third time ha.. I was like ok, I accept, And 3 minutes later I went up to Elder Rodriguez and was like, Dude... President called you to speak in Sacrament. He went up there and man.. No body understood what he was saying.. I swear that when he gets nervous, he speaks spanish thinking hes speaking in portuguese.. But he did a great job. :D I received one more companionship in my district!! woo!! Elder Critchfield and Elder De Oliveria. Which makes a total of 4 companionships in my District!! WOO!! that is a huge district for this mission. I think I have the biggest district.

I know that the Lord is preparing his children for our messages. We are only instruments in Gods hands. Without him, im nothing, and with him im everything. We just need to be humble enough to let him move us, and make us a better person.
Elder Arroyo

No comments:

Post a Comment