Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém
Só Os Fortes Servem No Norte Missão Brasil Belém

Monday, February 6, 2012

if we all work hard and pray every second...

Woo, Ive got a super huge headache.. And this sun is not helping at all.. This week, wasnt soo good work wise, but we are going to step it up this week, to get some more baptisms in. Were working a lot with the less actives and as well the inactives.. Were are faulting little to turn this branch into a ward!! And finally get a church building here in Outeiro!
 It feels like people are receiving the priesthood every week here. So yea, about the temple trip, I think the people that we saw only have this temple trip once a year or every 2 years, I dont really know. But the people that actually go on the temple trip lots havnt gone to the temple in years or never been before cause its so far away.. And going of boat is the cheapest way.. Very long and uncomfortable but cheap. And President Campos wanted to help them all he could because he was inspired that in his time as President that there will be a temple announced here in Belem in the next conference. As Long as were working and praying for it. Because the temple of Recife is just way too far away.. And its hard for the people to get the money and `time` to go.
 Yesterday, I put in practice the advice that I sent to sister Moore. Contacts.. I was sent to Paracuri ward (sisters in my district) to invite everyone I saw on the streets into the church to see how it is. Its great to have a church building in your area, because theyre sooo beautiful.. Everyone thinks they are just soo huge wonders here. So it made it more easier to make contacts in front of the church. Man,. I would be talking with one guy, and right when I finish with him yell at another guy thats riding by on a bike, Running along people that dont want to hear anything about anything... It was a great experience, and we got a lot of contacts out of it. My arm starting to hurt again for the amount of handshaking I was doing.
But its doing a lot better, I can bend it better. And yea, The 2 pairs of shoes came, I have them both. Im doing fine. Just trying to finish my works here in Outeiro. I really want the branch to turn into a ward with my time here, It would be awesome! Keep it in your prayers And fasts.
I know the church is true. That the Book of Mormon is the word of God. That Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet of today. And that if we all work hard and pray every second, that he will feel inspired to announce the Temple Of Belém in the April Conference.
Thanks for the Email mom!
Love,
Elder Arroyo

1 comment:

  1. Hi,Elder Arroyo!!!
    It's Grandmama again reading your email..How many times can I say "you are an inspiration" to every one..Your posts are wonderful and so dedicated! I am very proud to call you "Grandson"!!I'm praying for the Temple to become a reality and the Ward to happen!And that you will see both before you leave..Those people will remember you for ever as you will remember this mission forever!
    I'm sending many prayers and love to you,Chris!!!
    Grandmama

    ReplyDelete